Top 5 Things On My Bucket List That I Wish To Strike Off

As a kid I would dream about hosting my own Radio Show someday. The dream turned into a reality when I was all of 16. A chance audition for the Yuva Vani channel of All India Radio in high school landed me my first western music show called "In the Groove". I hosted several other shows after that, and pat my back sometimes for not holding back and taking the plunge.

As Paulo Coelho rightly puts it, "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."

If there were no constraints in life, I feel there is a lot that could be done and achieved. 

Here is a list of the Top 5 things on my bucket list that I wish to strike off.

Travel Around The World


No surprises there. Having lived outside of India for seven years, I can only say that my curiosity to know about different nationalities and their cultures has increased even further. I want to understand what makes people from different geographies so unique.

While traveling to a new place, I want to try out the local food, speak the native language, participate in religious celebrations, go sightseeing and most importantly, socialize. Life will become so much better if we learned to accept our differences and worked towards developing cultural tolerance.

Act In A Hollywood Blockbuster


You'll probably laugh at this, but I also dreamt about winning an Oscar someday. Part of me is an actor. Theatrical and dramatic.

I have an innate ability to perform in front of crowds and leave them in splits. If I get a chance to act in a Hollywood flick someday, I'd like to be cast opposite Julia Roberts or Sandra Bullock in a romcom.

Write A Best-selling Novel


Again this is a no-brainer. Anyone who knows me can vouch that I won't give my right arm for anything else except writing. Felt terrible when I hit the writer's block from 2012 to 2013, around the same time my blog became nonexistent ... well almost ... and that sucked!

I'm grateful that the worst is behind me, and I can look forward to concentrating on my writing goals.

I haven't put in too much thought into what I want to write about but hopefully it's about my life experiences – like overcoming a painful and difficult childhood, stories of abuse and depression, and how I was able to put all of that behind me to emerge as a stronger person. I also want to touch upon issues like relationships.

Sing And Perform In Front Of A Jam-packed Audience


Circa 1998. At an annual fest organized by the Punjab Engineering College (PEC), Chandigarh, I accidentally discovered that I could sing well. I was representing my college in the Western Solo singing competition, and had no clue that I'd end up winning the first prize.

Needless to say, I was ecstatic to win… and with that, started a new journey towards taking up singing seriously. I won several singing competitions afterwards, and even did some karaoke gigs for some time.

But you know the real kick comes from performing to a packed crowd. Nothing beats the adrenalin rush that one gets crooning in front of a 50,000 plus screaming fans.

Skydive


I'm a sucker for adventure. Having tried my hands at both rafting and zip-lining, I now want to complete an accelerated freefall program. Yes, you heard it!

Can you imagine skydiving from an altitude of 18,000 feet above ground level with a fall rate of approximately 115 mph? I want to feel how it is to freefly wearing a "wing suit".

Gosh, there are so many things left to do in life, and such little time. To be completely honest, I wish to remain Befikar Umar Bhar.



 #IndiHappyHours
@IndiBlogger
#BefikarUmarBhar]

Comments