A Fun Bedtime Ritual To Put Your Baby To Sleep

In today's post, I'll talk about a fun bedtime ritual that you could also follow to put your baby to sleep. I've found reasonable success with it and I'm sure you'll get to benefit as well.

I have two hyperactive kids - Rishab (male, 6 years old) and Saanvi (female, 2 years old). Both of them are restless, mischievous, and talkative, just like any other kid of their age.

Circa 2013. I wasn't particularly losing sleep over their behavior. That was until my wife broke down.

"Rahul, putting them to bed is becoming nightmarish. They seem to have a mind of their own. I tried reading them story books, singing lullabies, and engaging them in meaningful conversations but nothing seem to have worked. Help me lest I'll go insane."

I've never seen Sadhna like that. She looked sad, miserable, and, desperate. So I volunteered to enter the danger zone, not knowing the amount of success I was going to get.

Putting naughty children to bed is also a lesson in parenting.

It's not for the nanny to fix!


If you're a working couple, you might want to seek professional help to take care of the kids while you're away. Hiring a nanny is a great idea but don't expect her to fix everything. Children are emotional and attention seekers; they'll probably never be fully able to express their love in words but they certainly miss you when you're not around. The best you can do is to comfort them. Show them that you care.

Engage in pep talk


While putting the kids to bed, ensure that you talk to them for at least 15 to 20 minutes about how their day went, what they did in school (or home) on that particular day, and if they learnt anything special. More often than not, you'll find kids reciprocating with interesting tales. Pay close attention to what they say. Everyone wants to be heard!

Make play mandatory before sleep


I realized quite late that the reason why my kids won't go to bed easily was they wanted to play more. I asked Rishab first, since he is elder, if he'd allow me to play with them. And he instantly agreed. Being part of the inner circle is half the battle won already.

He then told me about his favorite bedtime games. Like Hide-and-seek. I turned around, started to count with my eyes closed while the kids began to hide under the quilt. As soon as I said "Ready or Not, Here I Come" and rushed to find the little beasts, the two erupted in wild laughter. Kids like to play until the last bone in their body breaks.

Finally, I can assure you that this plan will work like a charm, promising you and your tiny ones a good night's rest.


Pampers Baby Dry Pants 
#IndiHappyHours
@IndiBlogger]

Comments