My high expectations of what I desire from the perfect mean machine are often squashed by car manufacturers in India who are either compromising on the quality by not providing all the features or on the design by not being innovative.
Tata is the only Indian car company I can think of that is trying to change the norm and bring about a paradigm shift in the way we look at driving on Indian roads by putting in the best of engineering practices into their design. Pick any new car from Tata and you're likely to rave about its style and comfort. My own admiration of Tata started from Nano, grew with Zest, and has continued to increase ever since.
Quite naturally, I was super-excited to learn that they are launching a new hatchback called BOLT this season - custom-made only for the Indian consumer.
A chance visit to the Ambience Mall turned out to be perfect as I could catch all the action around BOLT live. I also got to test ride the car, and see all the superior features firsthand. Freaking exciting to say the least!
|Me with the New Tata BOLT|
In this post, I'll provide you the Top 5 features of Bolt that are truly cutting edge and why I'm eager to Get. Set. Bolt in the new BOLT. But before we get started, I want you to look at the Technical Specifications below.
Number 1 Feature: Technology and Performance
- Refined 75 PS diesel engine
- Unmatched performance with fuel efficiency
- Powerful 1.2 MPFi Turbocharged petrol engine
- Best-in-class power of 90 PS
- Constant torque delivery of 140 Nm between 1500-4000 RPM
Number 2 Feature: First-time Ever Multi-drive
- Get quick acceleration and throttle response. (Throttle response matters at the time of overtaking, coming out of a corner, and driving pleasure.)
- Use this mode to zip through the city traffic and reach your destination faster.
- Optimize the output for maximum fuel efficiency.
- Use this mode for long drives without having to worry about refueling.
- Balance between fuel economy and power.
- Use this default mode for daily commute to your workplace or markets.
Number 3 Feature: Generation Next Safety
- Dual airbags
- The dual airbags prevent occupants from a direct impact in case of frontal collision. With enhanced safety of the driver and co-driver, it is unlikely that you'll strike a hard surface (like dashboard) during an impact.
- Most advanced 9th generation antilock braking system (ABS) by Bosch
- Directional control is maintained with ABS that prevents wheel lock-up during a panic, hard brake. BOLT ensures absolute safety in case of sudden braking, by sensing the wheel speed and preventing wheel lock-up.
- Corner Stability Control (CSC)
- CSC ensures enhanced safety while negotiating tight corners.
- Speed sensitive auto door lock
- When the car picks speed, you need to ensure the safety of every passenger, especially kids, by instantly locking all doors. Active speed-sensing auto door locks in BOLT does the needful!
- Crumple zones
- Side impact beams
Number 4 Feature: Connectivity
- 5” ConnectNext touchscreen infotainment by Harman
- Fulfill your need to stay connected - on-the-go - through the next-gen Harman infotainment system, which is exclusively designed with best-in-class features like touchscreen control for music, temperature, and voice controlled actions.
- Speed sensitive auto volume control
- Using the speed sensitive auto volume adjust feature, you can match the music to the pace of your car. As the intensity of music adjusts to your car's speed, the ambient noise is eliminated, rendering a whole new music experience.
- Experience a first of its kind “surround audio effect” with 4 speakers and 4 tweeters. The surround-sound like music makes you feel every beat while you take your BOLT out for a spin.
- Use the advanced voice command recognition system to make calls, change tracks, control climate via AC, and radio on the move.
- Other noticeable features are
- MP3, WMA tracks, radio, audio and video, multi-media connectivity of USB, SD card, iPod connectivity
- Bluetooth sensitivity
- Smartphone enabled navigation with MapMyIndia maps
- SMS notification and readouts
- Reads the messages received without accessing the mobile phone for added safety and convenience, so you can enjoy uninterrupted drives, never miss a thing, and stay informed and updated every moment.
- Video playback and image viewing option on the touchscreen via USB and SD card.
Number 5 Feature: Design
- Strong shoulder lines and Chrome on weather strip.
- LED indicators on Outside Rear View Mirrors (ORVMs).
- Dynamic 15 inches Alloy wheels.
- Tata Signature Grille with Humanity Line.
- Dual tone front bumper and sleek integrated fog-lamps.
- Smoked Projector headlamps.